Saturday, June 28, 2008

These jellies don't sting..


This is my first effort at fused glass. All of the projects at NuNu's are 50% off and I'd been wanting to do fused glass since last year. After poking through the scraps she had I knew I wanted to create something with jelly fish. So I made this plate last Saturday after finishing my Firefly dinnerware. I'm planning on getting a plate stand and placing a low watt lamp behind it. The photo really doesn't do justice to the amazing colors and textures of the glass. I went back today with my mom and best friend and made a nite lite and a suncatcher that will make their way up here eventually if they turn out to be half as cool as I think they will.

3 comments:

Moriah said...

I love the jellies! Once you get a plate stand, I would love to see a picture of them outside so you can really see the colors! Good job!

Selina Kyle said...

So Gambit came to my door one day,
and I told him to go the hell away,
because there's a green haired goddess,
in a blood red bodice,
Laying on my bed today.

Hello M.A.C. You always were the better writer as I fully demonstrate above, but I thought I'd say hello to an old friend from the S.C.H.S. days.

Tami said...

So...you ever going to update this puppy? I know you have to have done some crafting since June.